Changing Dive Agencies


We all know that there are lots of different diving agencies out there. Some offer very similar courses and methods of teaching while others offer a more specialized approach. When it comes to changing dive agencies you will need to discover your equivalent diving qualification so you start from the correct level. The table below can help you, but remember this is just a guide and you should always check with your new dive agency before crossing over.
[table id=1 /]

Instructor / Pro Level Diving Qualifications

[table id=2 /]

Useful Links to Dive Agency Websites

CMAS (Confédération Mondiale des Activites Subaquatiques)
PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors)
SSI (Scuba Schools International)
BSAC (British Sub-Aqua Club)
IANTD (International Association of Nitrox and Technical Divers)
SDI (Scuba Diving International)
TDI (Technical Diving International)
NAUI (National Association of Underwater Instructors)
ACUC (American Canadian Underwater Certifications)
SAA (Sub-Aqua Association)
ANDI (American Nitrox Divers International)
IADS (International Association of Diving Schools)
ITDA (International Technical Diving Agency)
PDIC (Professional Diving Instructors Corporation)
PSAI (Professional SCUBA Association International)
RAID (Rebreather Association of International Divers)

This is by no means a list of all diving agencies out there, but we hope it will help if you decide that changing dive agencies will help improve your diving career!